Meditation activates the Parasympathetic Nervous System through multiple pathways.
- Increases gray matter in insula, hippocampus & PFC thereby improving psychological functions such as attention, compassion and empathy.
- Increases activation of left frontal regions, which lifts mood.
- Decreases stress related cortisol.
- Strengthens immune system.
- Helps medical conditions, including cardiovascular disease, asthma, type II diabetes, PMS, and chronic pain.
- Helps numerous psychological conditions, including insomnia, anxiety, phobias, and eating disorders.
- Brainwaves are measurable electric waves produced by large numbers of neurons firing rhythmically together. Meditation increases the power and reaches of Alpha (8 - 12 cps) and theta (4 - 7 cps) brainwaves which results in better control over your mental state, enhanced creativity, increased productivity, and general feelings of well-being.